This is one of the most important courses you can take before starting a business.
*See the course curriculum on the next tab.
Whether you are starting a new business or re-evaluating your current business circumstances, you may want or need a “business entity” that is separate from you in the eyes of the law.
The type of structure you choose for your business can be critical to the successful management and growth of your business and can also have important tax implications.
In this course, you will learn all about different entity types and the implications of doing business without one. You will gain a solid introduction to business entities and learn the nuances and differences among them. You will be more readily informed to discuss your needs with business associates and professionals and be equipped to more confidently choose the structure for your business.
In this course you will gain a thorough understanding about important differences in doing business under different structures, including:
- limited liability company (LLC)
- corporation (c corp)
- corporation with an “s” election (s corp)
This course will also introduce you to the advantages and disadvantages of the different entity types so you are more informed and empowered to readily select the entity which is correct for your situation.
This course will cover:
- an introduction to business structures
- the concept of a “separate and distinct” entity
- the security that can be provided from a separate business entity
- the risks associated with piercing the corporate veil
- the structures of different “ownership and management framework”
You will also be given an extensive and thorough outline for the course and an easy-to-understand comparison table that shows the differences in Ownership, Liability, Management/Control, Taxes, Documents, and Capital Contributions associated with the different business structures.
You will also be given a thorough reference of the documents needed to form a corporation and an LLC.
For many business situations, you can create and register a business entity on your own. If you understand the issues and the process you can decide whether it makes sense to consult with legal counsel for assistance. This course will prepare you to have the basic knowledge to communicate more effectively from an educated perspective and to make better decisions.
We are excited to offer this course to you and know, from our own experience, that the material in this course will be incredibly helpful and valuable to you.
We’re glad you’re here to learn this important information so let’s get started learning!
Who this course is for:
- For those new to business, this course will give you a solid foundation in business entities
- For those with business experience, this course can enhance your current business knowledge
- This course is perfect for both those new to business, and those with experience in business
Learn why you need to register your business with the state, how to decide on what business entity to choose (LLC, S corp, C corp, or something else), how to protect your intellectual property, basic employment laws, online privacy issues, and much more.
Why Do You Need A Business Law Online Course?
Every new entrepreneur should take this business law online course to become familiar with basic business law that they will need to understand when they start their business. This course will explain how to form your company, how to protect your intellectual property, legal issues associated with hiring and firing employees, and much more.
Understand Intellectual Property Law
We’ll go over various ways to protect intellectual property and when to use Trademarks, Patents, or non-disclosure agreements. We’ll also cover when Trademarks, Patents, or non-disclosure agreements don’t work and when not to use them. So by the end of the course, you will know whether you need a trademark, patent, or a non-disclosure agreement.
As an entrepreneur, at one point or another, you will need to hire a lawyer. You will also have to understand many of the business law basics like issues with business registration, liability protection, entity types, and more. This course will teach you all that and much more!
Disclaimer: This course is for US law only.
- Lectures 23
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level Beginner - Expert
- Language English
- Students 978
- Assessments Yes
- How To Register Your Business Yourself
- Why Register Your Business?
- How To Register Your Business Online
- How To Register Your LLC
- Do You Need a DBA?
- How To File Your LLC – Walkthrough 1
- How To File Your LLC – Walkthrough 2
- How To File Your LLC – Walkthrough 3
- How To File Your LLC – Walkthrough 4
- How Apply For Your EIN
- Recap And Resources
- What is a Business License?
- How to Get a Business License
- What is a Sellers Permit?
- How to Apply For a Sellers Permit
- Who Needs a Fictitious Name?
- How To File a Fictitious Name
- How To Register Your Trademark
- How to Search for Patents
- How To File a Provisional Patent
- Complete New Business Licensing and Registration
- Recap And Resources